The name of the course is “Mantra Śāstra II” with subtitle “Graha Devatā”
We aim to study the ten variables – navagraha (and lagna) of jyotiṣa and remedies associated with them.
The study is restricted to devatā associated with the rāśi chakra. The devatā associated with the varga and other levels are not to be studied in this course unless they are specifically taught by Maharṣi Parāśara. This can be viewed as an extension of Parāśara Jyotiṣa Course and members of PJC are welcome to join.
- Working knowledge of jyotiṣa: The lessons will have examples of jyotiṣa charts and discussions will be jyotiṣa-centric. Unless you have some working knowledge of jyotiṣa, this will be difficult to grasp. Rāśi chart is the focus, so just basic level of Parāśara Jyotiṣa is adequate.
- Some ability or interest to read devanāgarī script: Some of the mantras and slokas are in devanāgarī script and you must have the ability to read this script.
- Some ability or interestto recite simple Sanskrit phrases: You must recite mantras properly. We have arranged with Ms. Bihani Sarkar Ph.D to school you if you think you are inadequately prepared for this.
- Capable of sitting cross-legged in sukhāsana, padmāsana or other haṭha yoga postures: This is not compulsory but definitely an advantage when doing sadhana.
- Respect for Vedic knowledge and customs
- Bṛhat Parāśara Horā Śāstra: Parts associated with Vedic Remedy
- Sāmba Purāṇa
- Garuḍa Purāṇa
- Ṛk Veda